If you love to store foods for a long period of time or you want to preserve a huge amount of food while finding it difficult to maintain and keep its freshness, you should opt for a Foodsaver vacuum sealer. Surely, the powerful vacuum sealer will completely surpass your expectations.
Vacuum sealer has become very popular in recent years for its convenience and availability. In the near past, people used to preserve food using many old household techniques. But, with the rapid increase in its accessibility, now it is taking a special place in our kitchen.
Care to learn more about vacuum sealer and how to use foodsaver vacuum sealer properly? Then come further and find out!
What is a Foodsaver vacuum sealer
A Foodsaver vacuum sealer is a great food saving tool for your kitchen. Moreover, it will help the food remain fresh for a long period. Actually, it is a modern device which uses air removal technology. Usually, the most common types of Foodsaver vacuum sealer we find in our marketplace have many outstanding features to make your life easy.
Additionally, majority of this brand’s devices include a starter kit that comes with an 11″ x 10″ heat seal roll, some heat seal bags, a vacuum storage, 5 vacuum bags roll, 2 vacuum tubes, a cork for wine, an accessory hose and so on.
Difference between normal food sealer storage machine and Foodsaver sealer machine
Ordinary cheap vacuum food sealer devices that are found in the marketplaces trap air with foodstuff that ultimately causes your valuable foods to lose taste as well as nutrition. Some of them have very complex controlling system and most of the cases they do not last even 6 months.
However, the good news is that, Foodsaver’s machines are very easy to operate and maintain. It keeps both food and its flavour fresh with just the push of a button!! And of course, they are very long-lasting.
Most of the Foodsaver’s devices support 2-in-1 function combined with sealing and vacuum according to your usage needs. However, this incredible appliance can keep your food fresh up to 5 times longer than normal sealer or storage methods. Mainly, it keeps food freshness by sealing food in its special sturdy airtight bags.
Foods that can be Sealed
The following types of food can be vacuum sealed.
- All kinds of fishes
- All types of meats
- All kinds of nuts
- Processed fruits and vegetables
- Fresh Berries
- Fresh Herbs
Foods that can’t be Sealed
You can’t vacuum seal all types of foods because some foods can be spoiled because of limited air. So, I am providing the types of food that shouldn’t be sealed.
- Raw mushrooms or banana
- Soft cheeses
- Whole apples
- Garlic, cabbages and onions(raw)
- Hot foods
- Freshly steamed meat or vegetable
How to Use Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer
The Procedure of Using a Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer
You should know every function and button of the machine properly so that you can easily use this thing. Mainly the control panel of a vacuum sealer has 9 crucial parts. It includes a power button, a seal button, an adjustable food setting button, a cancel button, an accessory button and a marinate button. Also, it has a seal indicator light and a vacuum indicator light. Some device has a retractable handheld sealer too.
Step by step process of using a Foodsaver vacuum sealer
- At first, press the power button to turn on the device. A power indicating light will glow.
- Pull out the bag maker seal and cut bar from the appliance for making storage bag.
- Put in the roll of plastic bags inside the machine and move it inside until it reaches its pre-assigned place.
- You should notice a white line in the lower part of the device. Just pull the bag material out towards the white indicator line marked on the machine.
- Now, pull the sealing lever to its position after closing the bag maker seal and cut bar. And, now you have successfully made your first seal.
- Correctly measure the length and amount of bag materials compared with the amount of food that you are going to seal. Unlock the lever and slowly pull out the bag from the bag dispenser area to your desired length. Don’t forget to make 3 inches of gap between the top of the bag and bag contents.
- Again turn the sealing lever to seal position. This also makes the first seal of the next food bag. Remember that the red seal light bits while making the seal and its turn off after the sealing process is over.
- Carefully slide the cutter from right to left to get your desired bag. You can repeat steps 6, 7, 8 to make as much bag you need.
- Insert the food that you want to store in the bag and with both hands, insert the open side of the bag through the vacuum view window into the drip tray.
- After correctly placing the bag in its position, push and release the vacuum and seal bar. The vacuum view window will automatically close and hold the bag for starting the vacuum and sealing process.
- Within a few minutes, the red seal light turns off which indicates that the vacuum sealing is over and the bag is ready for storage.
1. Foodsaver vacuum device is not an alternative for the heat process of canning. Easy spoilable foods still need to be refrigerated.
2. For best results, use only recommended Bags, Rolls, and Accessories that the company provides.
3. Throughout the vacuum sealing process, small amounts of liquids or food elements can go inside the Vacuum Channel. So, clean the drip tray after each use.
4. Do not overfill; this gives you room for the bag material to bind firmly against the food and stops the bag from pulling out of the vacuum channel at the time of sealing.
7. When you are vacuum sealing sharp items, protect the bag from penetrating by covering them in a soft cloth or paper towel.
8. Pre-freeze foods and vegetables before sealing for best results.
9. Hang around 20 seconds between seals to let your vacuum sealer appliance become calm and cool.
10. Follow the Foodsaver vacuum sealer instructions manual that comes with the sealer package. It will help you gaining better knowledge about different parts of the appliance and how to use them properly.
Necessary precautions need to be taken to protect yourself and your device from danger. You should be careful when you operate this machine. Adhere to the precautionary guidelines given below-
- Unplug the appliance from the current source when not in use
- Keep this away from immersing in any kind of liquid
- Always check the cord and plug condition. Remember, a faulty cord or plug can occur a great deal of damage
- Keep this machine away from children and mentally or physically unfit persons
- Always wear gloves while operating this device. Do not put your hands inside vacuum sealer while it is doing its job
- The lid of the device shuts down automatically. Never block the lid from closing and do not manually force the lid to close.
Nowadays, we can see that a large number of people are using this amazing sealing machine for storing many types of food. Besides home usage, this vacuum sealer is widely being used for professional purpose in business industries as well.
Foodsaver vacuum sealer increases the life of foods by eliminating most of the air from the sealed container. This machine is super simple to operate and maintain. You won’t realize the importance of this kitchen tool until you buy and start using one.
So, it is crucial to learn how to use foodsaver vacuum sealer precisely with proper safety.