Nobody enjoys the sight of power recliner cords randomly laying around in their house floors. And that annoyance must be the trigger for you to browse through this topic.
There are surely some smart ways and cable management tricks that you can apply to finally get through this trouble.
It’s so easy and manageable that most of us are capable of doing them. So, let’s talk about some of the best ways on how to hide power recliner cords.
No More Cords, No Hassle! Get the Battery Pack for your Recliner
- 🔌 NO MORE CORDS - This battery pack is the best solution on the market for getting rid of the ugly cords on power reclining furniture! 🙌 Get up to a month of normal use on a single charge. USB ports, lights, back lit buttons, etc. may cause these batteries to drain more rapidly.
- 🔌 EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED- This battery kit comes with a charger and 85 inch extension cable with safety lock out pin for ease of use and extended battery life.
- 🔌 EASY TO USE AND CHARGE- These batteries are easy to connect to your furniture using the industry standard “two prong” connections and can be charged while still connected to your furniture by simply attaching the included charger. 📣 Tip: Recharging your battery before it goes completely dead will extend the overall life of your battery. 🔋
- 🔌 GREAT SOLUTION FOR⚡ POWER OUTAGES ⚡ - These batteries are designed so that they can stay plugged up to the wall (and the furniture) and used only when there is a power outage.
- 🔌 WORKS WITH MOST MODELS AND MAJOR BRANDS- These reclining couch battery packs are universal and work with most major brands of furniture (Ashley, Flexsteel, Rooms to Go, Haverty’s, Etc.) They are great for lift chairs as well as sofas, sectionals, love seats, recliners, etc.
You Can Also Checkout Our Reviews for Reclining Furniture Battery Pack
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Hide Electric Recliner Cords on the Floors Using Random Things
- 2 Wrap Up
How to Hide Electric Recliner Cords on the Floors Using Random Things
There are both DIY and bought solutions to this very random problem. I’ll be exploring both possibilities in this writing. Also, you can use these ideas to hide cords for power recliner as well as any other electrical furniture. Let’s go for it!
1. Buy a Mat or Area Rug
The most practical and easy way to hide recliner power cords is by using a mat. You can get any thick floor mat for this. The mat does not have to be small or huge. Go with whatever fits your floor requirements.
Just ensure one thing. You want the cord and mat to be placed in a manner that does not cause any tripping down accident. Another point you want to consider is fired hazard chances. If the cords and outlets are not new nor UL listed, this can invite dangerous situations.
Also, if you already own an area rug then there’s no need to buy another mat separately. You can conveniently tuck the cords to hid it underneath.
2. Use Any Foam to Hide Electrical Cords of Power Recliner
For this trick you want the recliner to be placed close with a wall that includes an outlet for powering. Now you need to find a foam that matches the color of that particular wall. This is a must if you absolutely want to hide the maximum parts of your recliner’s cords.
Once you use foam for hiding the cords in it, there’s no way anybody will be able to figure out this disguise within your wall. This is surely a cost-efficient way to create a partial illusion for hiding.
Just make sure about the adjustment of cord. It has to be in a manner that allows maximum attachment of cords to the wall. And then you can simply stick the foam piece into wall.
3. A Little Bit of Craftiness
The next idea needs you to use your DIY skills. No, I’m not going to tell you to create a rope or shackle. Instead, use your crafty skills to make a nice design of rope or shackle with the cords of recliner.
Here you can use a few materials as well. Get a pair of scissors, some masking tapes, yarn for decoration, and a few plastic cord tubes. Another way is wrapping the cords with a jute rope. It’s not just going to hide cords but at the same time work as an inexpensive décor for your lovely house.
4. Buying Some Cord Hiding Tools Will Work
There are some handy tiny options that you can buy and use for hiding the cords in a practical way. You can easily buy some sticky hooks that can go right behind the recliner or even underneath. Cord hiders are also a great option here. You can even paint them to lessen their existence. Command clips are also very flexible to use in such conditions.
5. A Beautiful Basket Can Help
The headache of cords with recliners can also leave your house if you own a basket that can be used as décor stuff. Any tiny basket will also do if you don’t mind it interrupting your home décor. Simply pile up the cords of recliner inside this thing. And place it somewhere close to the outlet and suitable to hide existence of those troubling wires. If you don’t have a basket nor interested in buying one, an unused shoebox will also work.
6. Use a Cord Management Kit
There are some cord management kits available online that you can use for this problem specifically. You can use this for not only the recliner but many other types of electrical equipment inside your house.
The tubing system will effortlessly hide any ugly cord messing up your home looks. You can stick these beneath the recliner or any table close to it as well. The only hint of appearance that you would have to tolerate is near power outlet and that’s it.
An electrical cord organizer will also work in such circumstances. There are also cable bins that look just like trash bins but stockpiles all nearby cables and even surge protectors. You can get these as well.
7. Create a Pretty Design on Wall with the Cords
This is probably the least favorite but yet a solution you can try. Simply place the recliner near any wall. Now you want to make a tiny design using the cord on that wall. Go for a tiny mountain shape or anything similar. Here you will also require some wrapping papers, tapes for masking, yarn, scissors, and sticky hooks. The design should not be troublesome for the cord to plug-in.
And now you have seven cool ideas on how to hide power recliner cords in your house. Apart from these, there are many more smart ideas that you can figure put by yourself. Just think out of the box and have a look at your own surrounding.
There must be items and material randomly laying around your house that you can use for hiding those cords. Just make sure you think about the final outlook of everything. And then pick any one solution that fits best. It Should Not Mess Up with Your Home Décor in Any Way!